View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a893865
David Kempton: 6 funds for a bear market
Our columnist has his annual brainstorm with the Hawksmoor investment team and returns with a handful of fund tips.
As regular readers may recall I am a director of Hawksmoor Investment Management in Exeter. Every year I meet the five-strong team behind their Vanbrugh and Distribution funds to get their views on markets and to challenge them to tip a fund for the 12 months ahead.
Markets look uncertain with Brexit risks, negative interest rates and the US presidential election dragging on sentiment. I’m very glad I’ve got managers like these to look after some of my money!
Next: Phoenix Spree Deutschland
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe's potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock's focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent's vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Phoenix Hawksmoor Vanbrugh A Inc
- BlackRock Gold & General A Inc
- Investec Global Gold A Acc Net GBP
- Prusik Asia Fund C
- Guinness Asian Equity Income X GBP Acc
Look up the investment trusts
- Phoenix Spree Deutschland (Ordinary Share)
- HgCapital Trust (Ordinary Share)
- BlackRock World Mining Trust (Ordinary Share)
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- David Kempton: Hawksmoor fund tips keep me invested
- David Kempton: 5 fund picks - but hold fire for now
- The Specials: 8 great, overlooked investment trusts
- HgCapital shines as trust bucks private equity gloom
- Evy Hambro gets a helping hand on BlackRock Gold & General
- BlackRock World Mining raids reserves for dividend
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.