Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the video online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/video/a640771
Investing in 2013: views from the best in the business
We talk to some of the top fund managers in the UK to ask what they expect from the year ahead.
In spite of all the economic uncertainty, 2012 has been a decent year for most investment asset classes.
We travelled to Edinburgh, the UK's second financial centre after London, to interview some of the best fund managers to ask what they expect from 2013.
We asked fund managers featuring in our Citywire Selection list of the best investment funds to look into their crystal balls and tell us where the surprises might come from next year and what to be worried about. They also give their views on what to make of the US fiscal cliff and the slowing Chinese economy.
We met with:
- Anthony Cross, manager of the Liontrust Special Situations fund, one of the top performing UK equity funds around.
- Audrey Ryan of Kames Ethical Equity , the top performing UK ethical fund over any meaningful time frame.
- Bruce Stout, who manages the Murray International investment trust, one of the most consistent out-performers in global equities.
- Euan Munro and Guy Stern, co-managers of the extremely consistent £19 billion Standard Life Inv Global Absolute Return Strategies fund.
- Phil Milburn, who manages the Kames High Yield Bond fund, the top pick in the high yield bond sector over the last five years.
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Standard Life Inv Glo Abs Ret Strategies Ret Acc
- Liontrust Special Situations
- Kames Ethical Equity A Acc
- Kames High Yield Bond Acc A
Look up the investment trusts
Look up the fund managers
More from us
From the Forums
by Gavin Lumsden on Dec 12, 2014 at 16:47