View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a571289
ISA 2012: how our fund tips did last year
We're launching ISA 2012 to help you choose good funds to invest in an individual savings account before 5 April. We start with a look at how the funds we highlighted from Citywire Selection did last year.
The end of the tax year is fast approaching and it’s time to give some thought over where to invest your ISA allowance.
Citywire Money is launching its ISA 2012 series looking at some of the funds chosen by our independent Citywire Selection team.
For more information on Citywire Selection and the funds it recommends read our guide: 'Citywire Selection: our guide through the investment maze'.
You can currently invest up to £10,680 into a stocks and shares ISA. This will rise to £11,280 in the new tax year starting 6 April.
For further information on ISAs read our guide. Or you can watch this video: 'The ISA explained once and for all'.
What's coming in ISA 2012
On Monday we will set the scene with a look at how some of the best fund managers divide their investors’ money between shares, bonds, commodities and cash.
Then every day over next week we will highlight three-to-six of our favourite funds in each of the following areas:
- UK Growth & Smaller Companies
- Equity income
- Global shares and commodities
- Asia Pacific and emerging markets
- US & Europe
- We will also have a special short list of starter funds for beginner investors.
There will also be features on investment trusts and ethical funds.
How did we do last year?
But we start with a review of how our 2011 ISA tips performed.
It was a difficult year for investors. In the 12 months to the end of January the FTSE World index fell 1.6% and the FTSE 100 shed 2.5%. Of course those small declines mask huge swings. After rallying in the first part of the year markets plunged on fears about the impact the eurozone debt crisis. However, since the European Central Bank unleashed its first wave of cheap money for banks in December markets have bounced back again.
All the funds we chose last year can be found on our ISA 2011 page. As they were all taken from Citywire Selection they all have good or reasonable longer-term track records. How did they do since we tipped them?
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe’s potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock’s focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent’s vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets A Acc
- M&G Optimal Income A Inc
- Invesco Perpetual Monthly Income Plus Inc
- Veritas Global Equity Income GBP A
- JOHCM UK Equity Income GBP Acc Retail
- Threadneedle UK Equity Income C1
- JOHCM UK Opportunities Ret Acc GBP
- Standard Life Inv UK Smaller Companies Ret Acc
- Newton Real Return A GBP Inc
- Jupiter Merlin Growth Portfolio Acc
- Ecclesiastical Higher Income A
- Sarasin AgriSar A Acc
- Jupiter Financial Opportunities
- Neptune European Opportunities A Acc GBP
- BNY Mellon American GBP Inc
- Aberdeen World Equity Z Acc
- Ecclesiastical Amity International A
- GLG Japan CoreAlpha Ret Acc
- Neptune Russia & Greater Russia A Acc GBP
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets A Acc
More from us
- What is an ISA and how do I get one?
- What are investment funds and how do I buy them?
- The ISA explained once and for all
- Citywire Selection: your guide through the investment maze
- Citywire 2011 ISA recommendations
- 2011: 5 ISA fund tips for starter investors
- 2011: 6 Specialist fund ISA tips from Citywire Selection
- 2011: 5 bond fund ISA tips from Citywire Selection
- 2011: 5 ISA tips for income from Citywire Selection
- 2011: 6 ISA tips for emerging markets from Citywire Selection
- 2011: 5 ISA tips for the developed world from Citywire Selection
- 2011: 5 ISA tips for the UK stock market from Citywire Selection
- More about Citywire Selection
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.