View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a467483
Monday Papers: BP partners eye payout block - money and other news
And dividend payments from listed UK companies will rise 11.5% this year after two years of shrinking, according to anew study.
* BP’s Russian billionaire partners in TNK-BP have called an extraordinary board meeting to discuss withholding the
payment of last year’s final dividend as they step up their fight against the UK group’s proposed Rosneft alliance.
* Dividend payments from listed UK companies will rise 11.5% this year after two years of shrinking, according to a
* Europe’s banking system is returning to health amid signs that financial institutions are no longer hoarding cash,
according to indicators that show overnight lending rates returning to normal.
* Chris Huhne is at loggerheads with the Treasury over the size and scope of the green investment bank, as officials seek to thwart his attempts to ensure it operates as a fully fledged bank.
* Big banks on both sides of the Atlantic are weighing whether to follow Barclays as it pushes ahead with a plan to pay bonuses with innovative bonds, dubbed cocos.
* Man Group will on Monday launch a new exchange-traded fund designed to outperform stock markets by trading on broker’s tips using computer algorithms.
* Calunius Capital has raised £40 million for a Guernsey-based fund that will invest in commercial legal battles and arbitration.
* Leading oil companies are drawing up a plan to create a safety organisation for deepwater drilling that could
be launched within week.
* New CBI chief John Cridland has promised that Britain’s employers’ group will keep putting pressure on the
coalition government over growth strategy.
* The richest tenth of the population will lose an average 3% of their net income from tax and benefit changes
in April compared with an average of 1% for the population as a whole, according to Institute for Fiscal Studies data.
* Trade tensions between Brazil and China are expected to increase after the Asian country emerged as the biggest
foreign direct investor in Latin America’s largest economy.
News sponsored by:
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
In association with Aberdeen Asset Management
What can SLI bring to the table for those who want to put their money into investment trusts?
More about this:
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.