View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a327914
Saturday papers: tips and comments - US set for ‘big bang’ financial clean-up
THE FINANCIAL TIMES
The Front Page
* US set for ‘big bang’ financial clean-up (more detail in “other news items”)
The Analysis Page (p9)
* From bounce to bust: Politics – Gordon Brown, a leader who initially drew strength from his handling of the financial crisis now finds himself struggling to defy political gravity as the economic news grows remorsefully grimmer
The Lex Column (p26)
* Roche bottom prices - To go hostile on a takeover offer and lower the price looks pretty hardball – especially when the opening bid was hardly generous
* Sober CEO’s - US banks and their chiefs are jettisoning everything from private jets to dubious interior design in keeping with the new era of corporate austerity.
* Excellent Exxon - Love them or hate them, Exxon’s bosses navigated the energy boom superbly and are now well positioned to make the most out of the bust
* Vanishing miracles - Economic destruction assumes Godzilla-like proportions: data show industrial production fell almost 10% in December. But it gets worse
* Sir John Crave - Ex-Lonmin head attacks Takeover Panel ‘mistake’
News sponsored by:
After Boris announced he was backing Brexit, sterling suffered its biggest slump in six years. Our Market Mavens discuss. Follow the Market Mavens LinkedIn page for weekly videos, in which our panel of industry experts share their views on financial news
More about this:
Tools from Citywire Money
From the ForumsForums are temporarily down for maintenance.
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.