View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a512118
Sunday Papers: Cooper threatens to ditch £532m Laird offer - tips, comment and bids
And top shareholders in Charter International have told directors to open up to a £1.4 billion takeover bid from Melrose.
The Sunday Times
* Cooper Industries, the American suitor, yesterday rejected an invitation to increase its offer price for Laird, the electronics firm.
* Top shareholders in Charter International have told directors to open up to a £1.4 billion takeover bid from Melrose, the aggressive conglomerate.
* The sale of Northern Rock will crystalise a loss of at least £400 million for British taxpayers.
* Satellite Information Services is considering a £200 million takeover of Arena Leisure, one of Britain’s largest racecourse owners.
* Acromas, the owner of Saga, is buying Allied Healthcare, fuelling speculation that the group is preparing for a flotation.
* Gazprom, Russia’s state-owned gas giant, is in talks to take a big stake in British power plants owned by RWE, German parent of the utility Npower.
* GMT Communications Partners, a private equity firm, has acquired the video-conferencing company, Meeting Zone, for about £38.5 million from Nova Capital Management and the founders, Tim Duffy and Steve Gandy.
* Dublin-based Escher Group is preparing for a £30 million AIM float.
* Sirius Petroleum, the AIM-listed oil group, is gearing up for a Nigerian acquisition spree.
* Lansdowne Partners, Europe’s largest hedge fund, has sold its entire $850 million stake in Goldman Sachs.
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
In association with Aberdeen Asset Management
More about this:
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.