View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a445208
Sunday Papers: Goldman eyes up Paternoster - tips, comment and bids
Pension Corporation is also thought to be monitoring the situation, along with a number of private equity and trade buyers.
The Sunday Times
* Goldman Sachs is plotting a takeover offer for Paternoster in a deal estimated to be worth about £300 million; Pension Corporation is also thought to be monitoring the situation, along with a number of private equity and trade buyers; Eton Park, an American private equity fund, has been keen to sell its 25% stake.
* BHP Billiton is preparing to sweeten its $39 billion hostile bid for Potash Corporation ahead of a key decision this week by the Canadian government.
* Norway’s sovereign wealth fund is poised to buy a chunk of London’s Regent Street in a deal that will value the shopping district at £1.6 billion; Norges will pay about £400 million for a quarter share.
* Permira is stepping up its acquisition spree with plans to buy Dometic, a leading maker of fridges for yachts and motor-homes, in a deal estimated to be worth up to £1 billion.
* Chris Wright, the veteran music tycoon, is tuning up for talks aimed at a merger or sale of Chrysalis, the company he founded 43 years ago; the likely merger candidates include Bug Music and Imagem Music.
* News Corporation is this week expected to give formal notification to the European Commission about its £8 billion attempt to take full control of British Sky Broadcasting.
* International Power rejected a blockbuster $20 billion merger offer from America’s AES just days before it agreed a controversial takeover by GDF Suez.
* Britain needs to think global or we will wilt - Last year we exported more to Ireland than to the three billion people in China, India, South Africa, Russia and Brasil combined.
* Ocado delivers rebuke - When Ocado’s chief executive accepted a spiky trophy, he wanted to pass it on to a certain analyst — in a rather painful way.
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe's potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock's focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent's vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.