View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a445209
Sunday Papers: RBS stokes anger over City pay - money news
The bank is hiring John McIntyre, the dealmaker who successfully sued his last employer for a £2 million bonus in the High Court.
The Sunday Times
* Royal Bank of Scotland is poised to reignite the row over banker pay by hiring John McIntyre, the dealmaker who successfully sued his last employer for a £2 million bonus in the High Court.
* Blue-chip bosses who deliver a middling performance can expect to pocket more than £10 million over a five-year period, according to research compiled by Patterson Associates, a boardroom pay adviser.
* BT is poised to reduce its huge pension deficit by up to a third, or £3 billion, thanks to government rules that change the way that future liabilities of retirement schemes are measured.
* Fed chairman Ben Bernanke is on Wednesday expected to announce a further $500 billion of quantitative easing; the Bank of England is unlikely to follow Bernanke’s lead at its MPC meeting this week.
* Borrowers have only 10 working days to bag a two-year mortgage deal from NatWest pegged at 1.49 points above Bank rate, so only 1.99% currently, before it is withdrawn.
The Sunday Telegraph
* Lloyds Banking Group will confirm this week that it remains on track to make its first full-year profit since the bank's partial nationalisation two years ago.
* Doomsayers are selling Britain short, says top fund manager Tom Dobell; he believes the UK has plenty to offer investors during the recovery.
The Independent on Sunday
* Some of the world's biggest banks have appealed to Europe's banking watchdogs to water down plans to curb bonuses or risk losing its best bankers.
News sponsored by:
After Boris announced he was backing Brexit, sterling suffered its biggest slump in six years. Our Market Mavens discuss. Follow the Market Mavens LinkedIn page for weekly videos, in which our panel of industry experts share their views on financial news
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
In association with Aberdeen Asset Management
More about this:
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.