View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a620623
The Citywire Money guide to income investing
How do you generate a reliable income when interest rates are stuck at all-time lows and the Bank of England's quantitative easing policy of 'printing' money is squeezing yields on government bonds (gilts) and other investments? Our weekly Income Investor column and our regular news and features, including videos and guides, are here to help.
In the latest Income Investor article, our yield-seeking columnist explains his dilemma with RSA Insurance.
Income Investor is here to help
Our private investor columnist shares his approach to generating an income from savings.
Articles on income investing
Video guides to income investment
The search for income
Gavin Lumsden describes how income investors are being forced to buy higher risk bonds and shares to generate a decent income.
Income is the key to investment
From his Lolly Investor Programme series for beginners, Gavin Lumsden looks at the main asset classes available to investors and explains how they are all priced on the income they produce. He starts with commercial property.
Understanding shares and dividends
Gavin continues his income theme with an explanation of what shares are and how dividends work.
What are bonds and how do they work?
Gavin Lumsden concludes his introduction to investment income with a look at fixed interest stocks or bonds.
Why equity income investing is a good way to grow your money
Investing in stable, well-run businesses that pay healthy dividends can be a good way to turn your savings into income.
News sponsored by:
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
In association with Aberdeen Asset Management
More about this:
More from us
- Income Investor: how I became a yield chaser
- Income Investor: the yield-seeker's mindset
- Income Investor: my yield-seeking portfolio
- Income Investor: the one gilt I would buy
- QE is good news for equity investors
- How are you protecting your income?
- Blackrock invites investors stateside for 4% income
- Investec launches Diversified Income fund with 6% yield target
- Look beyond the UK for dividend income
- How to generate an income from your savings
- The best equity income funds investors can buy
- The Lolly Investor Programme: a video guide to investing
- Income Investor: should you buy Pibs?
- Income Investor: the 3 accounts every investor needs
- Income Investor: how to play the dividend game
- Income Investor: a starter pack of high-yielding ETFs
- Income Investor: to the pub for a 6.5% bond
- Income Investor: should you buy UK bank shares?
- Income Investor: why I'm not buying retail bonds
- Standard Life joins trust shift to quarterly dividends
- Inflation set to hit 3% after shock increase in October
- Henderson Higher Income: ideal for cautious dividend hunters
- Income Investor: the cost of global diversification
- 5 reasons to become an income investor
- Income Investor: ETFs to tap emerging markets
- Income Investor: my first foray into European ETFs
- Income Investor: Enterprise Inns and the urge to grab a profit
- Is this the beginning of the end for PIBS?
- The smashing investment returns of a lucky fool
- Income Investor: a quality share to test my investment urges
- Income Investor: achieving returns of 27% can be plain sailing
- Income Investor: don't pay too much tax
- Friday Five: which fund managers should we sack?
- Bowie: inflation could trigger 30% losses for bond funds
- The Lolly survival guide to investing in bonds
- Income Investor: RSA, dividend cuts and when to sell
- One of the best ‘income’ investments you can make
- Santander and my Spanish investment dilemma
- Income Investor: bypass banks for a decent return
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Michelle McGagh on Feb 01, 2016 at 15:18