Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the video online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/video/a612753
The Citywire Money guide to pensions
Saving into a pension is easy once you know where to begin. To help you get started we’ve compiled some of our best videos and articles on the subject. These cut through the jargon to explain how pensions work, how the government tops up the money you save through pension tax relief and the different types of scheme that are available, from personal pensions to company pensions. We also answer the crucial question, how much should you save?
Five things to make you happy about pensions
Pensions aren’t as scary as they look! You’ve heard all the bad stuff about pensions, here are the good things. Watch this video and then read the guides below.
All of these videos and articles first appeared on The Lolly. This is a part of the Citywire Money website dedicated to anyone looking to learn the basics about finance. Sign up for the weekly Lolly email if you’d like to know more.
The beginners' guide to pension schemes
How pensions work (and why they're like kebabs)
A home is not a pension
What you can and can't put in a Sipp
More about this:
More from us
- What is a pension and how do I get one?
- How to achieve the life you want in retirement
- "You’ll still want dancing shoes when you’re 70" (and other arguments for pensions)
- Could you live on the national minimum wage in retirement?
- State Pension Blog: my attempt to live off £70 a week
- Why you have to save and shouldn't rely on the state pension
- Can your property replace the need for a pension?
- Retirement: should you release cash from your home?
- How much do I need to save for a decent retirement?
- Why you need to save 20% of your salary for retirement
- Not saving is the only wrong pension decision you can make
- Why women cannot afford to put off pension saving
- Five pension pitfalls women need to know about
- Women retire on £5,750 less than men
- Sipp: how to pick a self-invested pension plan
- Are pensions the right way for young people to save?
- Has your pension been cut by thousands of pounds?
- Why don't you save into a pension?
- The Lolly: simple advice on growing your money