Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a634389
The Citywire Money guide to the RDR savings revolution
The retail distribution review, or RDR, will herald a number of important reforms that will affect everyone saving for a pension or investing in an ISA.
by Gavin Lumsden on Nov 22, 2012 at 17:10Follow @FundFanatic
The Financial Services Authority, the City regulator, is introducing a package of important reforms at the end of 2012 which will affect everyone saving for a pension or investing in an ISA.
Read our guide to what the new rules mean for investors like you.
In the video below I explain how the changes in the 'retail distribution review' will:
- Abolish the payment of commission by financial product providers to financial advisers;
- This means financial advisers will work for you not the product provider;
- Financial advisers will have to pass higher qualifcations and behave more like other professionals;
- To call themselves 'independent' advisers will have to adviser on a wider range of investments;
- The shake-up in charges will make it easier for you to see where your money goes when you save and invest.
Read more on RDR
Find an RDR-ready financial adviser
More about this:
More from us
- Will we miss commission-biased financial advisers?
- How to find a good independent financial adviser
- Never trust an IFA? Why advice is undervalued
- Should you sell your Standard Life shares?
- Always broke? Online money tools could tell you why
- Will these seven steps fix the banking sector?
- How to find a good financial adviser after RDR
- The 'free advice' myth is about to be exploded
- Regulator brings in tough new rules for financial advice
- Citywire Adviser Finder
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
Latest from Investment Basics
by Daniel Grote on Oct 02, 2015 at 16:04