View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a732949
Woodford puts his name on the door of his new firm
Neil Woodford is keeping things simple as he decides he's the brand and name of his new business.
The new investment firm established by Invesco Perpetual star fund manager Neil Woodford will operate under his own name.
According to a filing on Companies House, Woodford Investment Management (WIM) was established last month at the same London address as Oakley Capital, the private equity house Woodford is establishing the business with.
WIM was created under the directorship of legal expert Richard Graham Catherwoord Smith (Gray Smith) and Nick Hamilton, the former head of global equity products at Invesco Perpetual, who will be Woodford's chief operating officer. Woodford has hired other former colleagues for the launch.
Oakley has said the infrastructure will be in place to allow Woodford to run retail and institutional clients’ money as soon as he joins the firm.
Steve Buttercase at Nottingham-based adviser Sense Financial Solutions said: ‘There’s an element of vanity about it, but it’s good marketing since he is one of the few fund managers who is known among the public. I understand that he wants to capitalise on that, why wouldn’t he?’
Jim Aitkenhead of Martin Bown Financial Services in Leicestershire commented: ‘Woodford has probably got the best reputation among fund managers in the UK, so why not put his name over the door. I’m all for it.'
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe’s potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock’s focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent’s vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the funds
More from us
- Henderson Global snaps up Rentokil shares sold by Woodford
- Invesco ditches £36m stake in property firm as Woodford sell-off continues
- Invesco begins liquidating Woodford small caps as outflows mount
- Woodford investors withdraw £450m from Income fund
- 'Be vigilant': Mark Barnett answers investors' questions
- Barnett replaces Woodford on Edinburgh Investment trust
- Let Woodford investors switch, Hargreaves urges
- Neil Woodford to relaunch through Oakley Capital
- Eight top income contenders for Woodford’s crown
- Neil Woodford v Mark Barnett: how do their numbers compare?
- Shares in Edinburgh trust plunge on Woodford exit
- Neil Woodford to leave Invesco Perpetual
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 28, 2016 at 16:26