Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
Discounts have widened on a several popular UK Equity Income trusts but there is one at Invesco Perpetual that is particularly eye-catching.Leave a comment
A sharp sell-off in government bonds pushed yields to their highest level since the referendum. What does this mean for investors?Leave a comment
Analysts at Canaccord Genuity identify 16 investment trusts with lower charges and better performance than equivalent open-ended funds.4 Comments
Consumer groups express disappointment and pension providers relief after Treasury drops plans to let pensioners cash in annuities.13 Comments
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- M&G to reopen £4.1 billion property fund
- Saudi’s big bond has investors scratching their heads
- The Expert View: ITV, International Personal Finance & Keller
- Friday Papers: Hollande warns of tough Brexit talks
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street dips with oil, telecom stocks
- Draghi hints at more money printing for subdued Europe
- Sweet 16: good value investment trust winners!
- Funds Focus: Fundsmith Equity lags post-Brexit rally
- Mid-cap alerts mar FTSE cheer after US debate
- No such thing as a UK ‘blue chip’, says AA-rated Russ
- Investment Trust Watch: the hidden gem in UK Income
- Neil Woodford's favourite German property fund
- Investment Trust Watch: Hawksmoor's Brexit bargains
- David Kempton: investors can't relax with hard Brexit
- Will there be JAM tomorrow after the US election?
- Investment Trust Watch: Europe & Japan trusts shine
- AIM to cut tax with these stock and fund picks
- Investment Trust Watch: did SVG just get out of jail?
- Mark Mobius: 'beggar-thy-neighbour' economics hurts us all
- Investment Trust Watch: 'New Japan', emerging bargains
From the impact of the pound's heavy fall to the prospect for wages and the government's likely response, HSBC senior economic adviser Stephen King covers the big issues.
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life.
I recently discovered your website, and I am impressed by its quality. The information is easy to access and generally more comprehensive and detailed than on comparable sites. You are doing a very good job.
J.B., Oxfordshire, Citywire Money reader