Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
Issue 11 of our e-zine explains how to pick good investment trusts, invest in the US and where analysts spot buying opportunities.Leave a comment
Hugh Young is tilting the Aberdeen Asian Income investment trust away from high yield shares in anticipation of the US ending quantitative easing or money printing.Leave a comment
Five financial experts debate the pros and cons of selling shares 'short' to make a profit.21 Comments
The Financial Conduct Authority urges consumers to consider the dangers of owning corporate bonds as interest rates start to rise.8 Comments
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- The Accumulator: emerging markets keep rising
- Tech stock hiccup is a welcome pause for breath
- 4 pension perks you don't want to lose
- Saturday Papers: Destination Maternity abandons Mothercare bid
- Week Ahead: big US bounce-back on the cards
- The Expert View: Standard Chartered, Kingfisher and EasyJet
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street closes flat on mixed earnings
- Friday Papers: Balfour Beatty and Carillion in £3bn merger talks
- Martin Currie fills a 'gap' as it falls to Legg Mason
- Portfolios: the battle between income and total return
- Investing in Banks - is it pointless?
- Investing for income
- Is it good to change funds?
- FCS convertible unsecured loan stock (FCS CULS)
- ISA Transfer Misery HL to AJ Bell
- TOBACCO SHARES
- Hunter Wright Alternative Investments
- Constructing ideas Balfour / Carillion .
- Past Performance: it just ain't what it used to be
- Fund Income & Accumulation Units
- New Investment Club - Manchester
- Advice on Shares and investments
- Watchdog warns investors over corporate bonds
- 'New' ISAs: tax-free savings get bigger and better
- How to read a fund fact sheet
- Top trusts for Russia and emerging Europe
- Know the Score: Citywire's World Cup betting tips
- DIY Income Investor: time to take some bond profits
- Three lessons the World Cup can teach investors
- Be honest stock pickers, can you beat the FTSE?
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: Marriage, I'm filing for divorce
- How bond funds got out of jail
Biotechnology shares have had a turbulent year. Geoffrey Hsu of the Biotech Growth investment trust argues valuations of the bigger stocks remain compelling.
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life. We sift through the noise and help you make the best decisions about what to do with your money.
I use Citywire daily and it is an important tool for me.
Steve Renton, Citywire Money reader