Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
Looking for an alternative to equities and bonds? Three of this week's cheapest trusts could offer an answer if you can get hold of them.Leave a comment
As shareholders prepare to vote on an overhaul of Alliance Trust's approach, we look at the track record of the men picked to run it.2 Comments
Latest in string of profit warnings for publisher sends shares diving, delivering another blow to star fund manager Nick Train.8 Comments
Scottish Mortgage co-manager James Anderson stuns City by comparing Theresa May to Hitler and Stalin after her Davos speech.83 Comments
Investors told not to expect sterling to continue rising after its biggest jump since 2008 following the prime minister's Brexit speech.12 Comments
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- The Accumulator: pound punishes portfolios
- Hard Brexit is coming! Here's the fallout for UK property
- Jupiter eyes emerging market trust launch
- The Expert View: Royal Mail, British Land and MONY
- Sunday Papers: Banks urged to stay put for Brexit deal
- Saturday Papers: Trump unveils a new era
- George Osborne to join fund giant BlackRock
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street falls ahead of Trump’s inauguration
- Friday Papers: Mnuchin reasserts support for strong dollar
- May Day rally no turning point for pound, say experts
- Investment Trust Watch: catastrophe, property or bust!
- It was a fishy religion that let Remainers down
- David Kempton: 3 stocks in my New Year spoiler alert
- Numis: our New Year investment trust tips
- Winterflood: investment trust tips for 2017
- Funds Focus: Trump hits Woodford, Train & Smith
- Investment Trust Watch: ‘buy’ Woodford, ‘sell’ Alliance
- Numis: 12 New Year share tips
- David Kempton: how my AIM tips are faring
- Investment Trust Watch: my Scottish tip for 2017
Unquoted stocks make up 12% of Scottish Mortgage Trust. Manager Tom Slater explains the potential rewards and risks for the £4.2 billion global fund.
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life.
I use Citywire daily and it is an important tool for me.
Steve Renton, Citywire Money reader