Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
One in four house purchases this year will involve parents helping children on to the housing ladder, new research reveals.3 Comments
Experienced investor David Kempton reveals two new stocks in his portfolio and his 'hedge' against the European referendum.12 Comments
Is smaller company star Alex Wright’s Fidelity Special Values a bargain that won’t go away? Find out in our weekly round-up.1 Comment
Global investment trust Witan looks to place 32 million of its shares after reaching agreement with leading investor Aviva Investors.4 Comments
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- The Expert View: Centrica, Trinity Mirror & Provident Financial
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street flat before April jobs report
- Friday Papers: Centrica hit by £1bn loss after shock fundraising
- Terry Smith beats Woodford during fund sales slump
- Centrica shocker takes edge off FTSE gains
- Income star Harrison walks away from investment
- Is your pension value for money? No one knows
- UK pension system unstable warns ex-shadow minister
- The Expert View: Next, Aviva & Virgin Money
- Overnight markets: US stocks fall as data adds to growth concerns
- Is it worth investing in a property in London?
- Views on Martin Pranz (wealth mgt co) and Gulf Air IPO
- Investing in Banks - is it pointless?
- ETF Portfolio - Comments please
- John Baron Portfolios
- Run up to referendum
- Where is all the money flowing
- water meters good or bad,plus up to date comments regarding water.
- Investing for income
- Anybody moved SIPP platforms recently?
- Any matched bettors on the forum?
- David Kempton: stock picking under the 'Brexit' cloud
- Murray International gets to core of investors' dilemma
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: a huge hole in my portfolio
- Investment Trust Watch: Scottish Mortgage reverts to discount
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: I'm up and down after rally
- Could Dunedin wind-up prove a winner for investors?
- Investment Trust Watch: watch out for RIT Capital
- Brexit fears? Buy dollars, builders and Vodafone
- Top Trusts: I'm down but not out as flight turns to fight
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: so many bargains!
It's well known that investment trusts tend to beat open-ended funds over the long term. The JPMorgan Smaller Companies trust is a great example.
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life.
I use Citywire daily and it is an important tool for me.
Steve Renton, Citywire Money reader