Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a657934
Aberdeen boss Martin Gilbert sells £4m stake
by Dylan Lobo on Feb 11, 2013 at 09:41
Aberdeen Asset Management chief executive Martin Gilbert has sold a £4 million stake in the firm.
According to filing on the London Stock Exchange on 8 February, Gilbert (pictured) sold one million shares at a price of 403.5p each.
The transaction reduces Gilbert's holding to around 7.8 million shares.
The improvement in sentiment in the second half of last year has seen share prices in the asset management sector soar and Aberdeen has been one of the most popular plays.
Shares closed at 403.7p on Friday, leaving them well above a year-low of 237.3p and just shy of a high of 422p, which they hit on 28 January.
Gilbert has gradually been reducing his exposure to Aberdeen recently as part of a mission to diversify his portfolio.
Last September he netted £1.53 million from the sale of 500,000 shares, which he reinvested into farmland.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08