View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a659771
Adviser launches annuity service to boost OMO
by Jun Merrett on Feb 22, 2013 at 11:05
Lichfield-based MSG Financial has launched an annuity service to take advantage of the increasing drive to boost the open market option (OMO).
The firm has launched the Annuity Advice Service and hired medical tele-interviewing firm Morgan Ash to contact potential clients to establish whether they qualify for an enhanced annuity.
MGS principal Gareth Reynolds (pictured) said: ‘I am passionate about enhancing the take-up of the OMO and enhanced and impaired annuities. With the Association of British Insurers soon to launch its new code encouraging shopping around at retirement, I feel my offering fits well.’
The service will cost 1.3% for a standard and 2% for an enhanced annuity, with fees ranging from £600 to £2000.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
More from us
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54