Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a649322
Aegon appoints Waller as distribution boss after Gale exits
by Michelle Abrego on Jan 08, 2013 at 11:15
Patrick Gale, Aegon executive chairman of distribution, has left the company and will be replaced by current strategy director Rob Waller.
Gale was appointed to the position in June 2011 having originally joined Aegon in a non-executive role.
At the time of the appointment Aegon said Gale (pictured) would have a more proactive approach to ensuring its national IFAs Positive Solutions and Origen delivered on their strategy and prepared for the implementation of the retail distribution review (RDR).
Waller's appointment is currently awaiting FSA approval.
Gale joined Aegon in March 2010 as non-executive chairman of Aegon’s distribution board.
He was previously chief executive of network Sesame between 2000 and 2007.
Adrian Grace, Aegon chief executive, said: 'Over the past three years, Patrick has led the successful transformation of Origen and Positive Solutions and I’d like to thank him for leading both businesses in the run up to RDR and wish him well for the future.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Patrick Gale to head up Aegon distribution arm
- Lighthouse raids Sesame to appoint training head
- Adrian Grace: the challenge of turning around troubled Aegon
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08