Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a646995
Aegon strikes £180m distribution deal with Santander
by Daniel Grote on Dec 20, 2012 at 09:39
Aegon has agreed a €220 million (£178 million) deal with Santander that will see the Spanish bank distribute the life company’s protection and general insurance products through its branches.
Aegon said the deal would give it access to around 12 million Spanish customers in 4,600 branches. It has taken a 51% stake in a joint venture company with Santander.
Aegon chief executive Alex Wynaendts (pictured) said: ‘Aegon has a firm commitment to Spain and a clear track record of providing quality products and services through the bank channel. With Santnader we look forward to reaching and serving an even greater number of potential customers seeking long-term financial security in these uncertain times.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Advisers and providers split over impact of consultancy charging ban
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
More about this article:
by Brian Cantwell on May 20, 2013 at 15:02