View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a646995
Aegon strikes £180m distribution deal with Santander
by Daniel Grote on Dec 20, 2012 at 09:39
Aegon has agreed a €220 million (£178 million) deal with Santander that will see the Spanish bank distribute the life company’s protection and general insurance products through its branches.
Aegon said the deal would give it access to around 12 million Spanish customers in 4,600 branches. It has taken a 51% stake in a joint venture company with Santander.
Aegon chief executive Alex Wynaendts (pictured) said: ‘Aegon has a firm commitment to Spain and a clear track record of providing quality products and services through the bank channel. With Santnader we look forward to reaching and serving an even greater number of potential customers seeking long-term financial security in these uncertain times.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54