View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a651608
Alliance Trust raids rivals for platform push
by Jun Merrett on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:44
Alliance Trust Savings has kick started a platform push to advisers with a series of hires from rivals providers.
Alliance has increased its intermediary sales team from one at the start of 2012 to eight recruiting Paul Judd, Steve Brooks and Scott Winters as business development managers.
Alliance has also appointed Julie Maguire as head of marketing communications. She previously worked at Standard Life.
Garry Mcluckie, Alliance Trust Savings sales and marketing director, said the hires bucked the trend in the platform industry to cut back on staff numbers and reduce costs.
‘The platform market in general has recently witnessed some major cutbacks to the size of sales teams. Alliance Trust Savings is bucking this trend by making a series of new appointments to strengthen our intermediary sales team,’ he said. ‘We have brought in three highly experienced business development managers who will help take the proposition to a wider audience.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Alliance Trust Savings appoints Patrick Mill as managing director
- Alliance Trust Savings chief executive Burgess resigns
- Savings chief resigns from Alliance Trust
- Skandia launches unbundled platform proposition
- Ascentric plans revamp of platform technology
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54