Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a651608
Alliance Trust raids rivals for platform push
by Jun Merrett on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:44
Alliance Trust Savings has kick started a platform push to advisers with a series of hires from rivals providers.
Alliance has increased its intermediary sales team from one at the start of 2012 to eight recruiting Paul Judd, Steve Brooks and Scott Winters as business development managers.
Alliance has also appointed Julie Maguire as head of marketing communications. She previously worked at Standard Life.
Garry Mcluckie, Alliance Trust Savings sales and marketing director, said the hires bucked the trend in the platform industry to cut back on staff numbers and reduce costs.
‘The platform market in general has recently witnessed some major cutbacks to the size of sales teams. Alliance Trust Savings is bucking this trend by making a series of new appointments to strengthen our intermediary sales team,’ he said. ‘We have brought in three highly experienced business development managers who will help take the proposition to a wider audience.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Alliance Trust Savings appoints Patrick Mill as managing director
- Alliance Trust Savings chief executive Burgess resigns
- Savings chief resigns from Alliance Trust
- Skandia launches unbundled platform proposition
- Ascentric plans revamp of platform technology
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08