View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a623798
Alliance Trust Savings appoints Patrick Mill as managing director
by Rachael Revesz on Oct 04, 2012 at 13:04
Alliance Trust Savings has appointed Patrick Mill as managing director as the provider looks to expand its presence in the advised sector.
The group offers investment and savings products through its platform offering, which caters primarily to execution-only clients.
Mill, former sales director at Prudential and managing director of financial services at Bradford and Bingley, was promoted from his role as distribution director at .
Katherine Garrett-Cox (pictured), chief executive of Alliance Trust, said that Mill has played an instrumental part in the growth of the company.
‘His appointment comes at a crucial time for Alliance Trust Savings as it moves towards profitability and gathers momentum ahead of the implementation of the retail distribution review [RDR],’ she said.
Mill added: ‘The RDR and the growth of the platform market present considerable opportunities to grow our business further as advisers seek to maximise value for their clients and continue to move assets onto investment platforms.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Alliance Trust snaps up Aviva Investors’ SRI business
- Xafinity buys Alliance Trust Savings' SSAS business
- Alliance fends off Laxey's second assault
- Brewin eyes up Aberdeen's pitch for Alliance mandate
- Alliance fights back as Aberdeen looks to oust Garrett-Cox
- It's round two for Laxey-Alliance but investors don't care
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54