Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a640128
Autumn Statement: Gov't announces 1% corporation tax cut in 2014
by Rachael Revesz on Dec 05, 2012 at 13:33
Chancellor George Osborne has announced an addition 1% cut in corporation tax in April 2014.
The 1% cut announced today in the Autumn Statement means that businesses will pay 21% from 2014, the lowest rate for any Western economy, Osborne claimed.
The cut means the rate will be reduced from 24% to 23% in April 2013 and then 21% in April 2014.
'Britain is open for business,' Osborne said. ‘It’s a great advert for our country.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Advisers and providers split over impact of consultancy charging ban
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
More about this article:
by Brian Cantwell on May 20, 2013 at 15:02