View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a640125
Autumn Statement: Personal allowance up as gov't closes in on £10k
by Jun Merrett on Dec 05, 2012 at 13:36
Chancellor George Osborne has said Britain is within touching distance of the £10,000 personal allowance having increased it by a further £235 for April 2013.
The total increase for personal allowance for next year will be £1,335 which Osborne said was the highest cash increase ever.
This means from April next year people working in Britain can receive £9,440 before paying income tax, compared the £9,205 target the coalition government had initially set for April 2013 in this year's Budget.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54