View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a657535
Barclays defers bonuses for 1,200 investment bankers
by Daniel Grote on Feb 08, 2013 at 07:57
It cited a source familiar with the matter as claiming managing directors would receive a third of their 2012 bonus next year, with the rest paid in 2015 and 2016. Half of the payout will be in cash and half in shares. However those below managing director level with bonuses of up to £65,000 will receive an upfront cash payment.
Those in line for between £65,000 and £250,000 will receive 65% in cash upfront, with the rest spread over three years and split evenly between cash and shares.
The bank’s 23,000 investment bankers will be informed of their bonuses today, it said.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the shares
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54