Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a657931
Barclays to axe tax arm and cut 2,000 jobs
by Daniel Grote on Feb 11, 2013 at 07:28
The tax division was last year ordered by the Treasury to repay £500 million after structuring two ‘aggressive’ loopholes to avoid paying tax.
Barclays chief executive Antony Jenkins (pictured) will describe its activities as ‘legal’ but ‘incompatible with our purpose’, pledging ‘a new approach for a new era of banking’.
The cull of around 2,000 jobs will represent a nearly 10% reduction in staff for the bank’s 23,000-strong investment banking division.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
- PIMS 2013: Wraps reject move to flat-fee pricing
More about this article:
Look up the shares
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on May 18, 2013 at 04:18