Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a644776
Barclays to close Woolwich Plan Managers
by Rachael Revesz on Dec 11, 2012 at 10:07
Barclays is to close structured product provider Woolwich Plan Managers and offer all structured investments in an unbundled format through third party platforms and stockbrokers, as part of an overhaul of its distribution strategy .
All existing structured investments for advisers will be administered until maturity, but new investments will not be accepted as of 31 December.
The move is part of Barclays plans to move all its structured products business to its investment bank.
A Barclays spokesman said that come 1 January, all structured investments for UK intermediaries will be made exclusively available via third party platforms.
'As a business we are always looking at how we can most effectively serve our intermediary clients. We feel that the best way to do this is via third party platforms, allowing advisers to manage client portfolios centrally and take advantage of improved liquidity,’ he said. ‘We remain committed to the UK intermediary market and will continue to administer through our own platforms all existing investments.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
More from us
- Ex-FSA chief Sants flirts with Barclays over compliance role
- Structured Products: Advisers shy of bespoke market despite efforts to improve access
- Structured products education is a gap waiting to be filled
- Structured products: Advisers seek solution to soaring PI costs
- Structured products: Doubt hangs over nationals offering a good deal post-RDR
- Nucleus launches protection product on platform
- Transact calls for level playing field with life companies over rebates
- 7IM: Third party model portfolios threatened by FSA rules
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08