Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a660360
Beaufort looks for three ‘farmers’ in expansion drive
by Michelle Abrego on Feb 22, 2013 at 11:02
Reading-based Beaufort Asset Management is looking to hire up to three advisers to help service a growing client bank.
Andrew Elson (pictured), chartered financial planner at the firm, said he was looking for new recruits who would fit the ‘farmer’ mould.
‘We’re looking for what I like to call “farmers”: they’re looking after clients and building long-term relationships, not looking out there for new blood all the time,’ he said.
‘They need to be the right quality, [Beaufort] is a very risk-free business and we don’t want to bring on any possible risk. It could take me a few months to find the right people,’ he added.
Elson left Honister Partners in July last year to join fledgling national firm Beaufort Group, of which Beaufort Asset Management is a member.
Beaufort Group is aiming to grow adviser numbers to around 50 from the current 35 in the next three to five years.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
- Treasury: Scottish independence will disrupt pensions and advice