View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a646070
Bromsgrove adviser swoops on two IFAs in £190k deal
by Daniel Grote on Dec 17, 2012 at 07:37
Bromsgrove-based adviser AFH Financial Group has bought two IFAs in a deal worth a combined £191,000.
AFH has bought Buckinghamshire-based Racol Financial Services for £160,000 and Redditch-based Seager Financial for £31,000.
Racol founder Ray Collingridge will retire following the transaction but his daughter will transfer to AFH and remain an IFA. Seager Financial founder Ian Seager will meanwhile step down as an IFA but join AFH as a member of its business development team.
Seager was formerly a member of the Lighthouse network while Racol was part of the On-Line Partnership.
AFH chief executive Alan Hudson (pictured) said the deals showed the opportunities the retail distribution review was providing for acquisitions. ‘Today’s transactions continue our strategy of growing the business both organically and through select and opportune acquisitions,’ he added.
News sponsored by:
Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.
Today's top headlines
More about this article:
More from us
- AFH Financial acquires Chartwell Associates for £480k
- AFH continues IFA shopping spree with £120k acquisition
- AFH receives £650k boost to fuel acquisitions
- AFH sees recurring revenue grow as profits dip ahead of expansion
- AFH Financial acquires IFA fined for Ucis sales for £100k
- AFH strikes joint venture with South Wales accountants
- AFH Group buys Nottingham IFA in £900k deal
- Midlands adviser AFH reports 97% rise in profits
- IFA raises £1.7m for acquisitions with flotation
- Adviser wins novation dispute with network and sells firm
- How to transfer clients from an acquired firm
- Transact faces legal fight with adviser over transfers
- AFH Group acquires Birmingham-based adviser Bell Chambers
by Michelle Abrego on Apr 24, 2014 at 08:25