View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a635015
Brooks Macdonald buys Arch Cru fund manager for £32m
by Daniel Grote on Nov 16, 2012 at 07:27
AIM-listed discretionary fund manager Brooks Macdonald has announced it is buying Spearpoint, manager of the Arch Cru funds.
Brooks Macdonald will pay £23.1 million, and said it expected the additional deferred consideration as part of the deal to hit £9 million. The acquisition is expected to complete on Monday, with the deferred consideration payable in November 2014.
Channel Islands-based Spearpoint manages around £1.1 billion of assets, and Brooks Macdonald said buying the manager fitted with its growth strategy.
‘The acquisition of Spearpoint is a major step forward for the group and captures an opportunity we have been seeking for a number of years,’ said Brooks Macdonald group chief executive Chris Macdonald (pictured). ‘It adds scale, offshore and international capability together with the acquisition of a strong investment management and pensions team.’
Spearpoint took over management of the Arch Cru funds from Arch Financial Products in December 2009, charged with winding up the suspended funds over a five-year period. It reported pre-tax profits of £3.9 million on revenues of £11.4 million in 2011.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Capita to wind down Cru funds which lost up to 40%
- Spearpoint to take majority stake in Succession
- Spearpoint pledges cash for £50m Succession strategy
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54