Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a658228
Friends Life confirms 'strategic review' of Sesame
by Michelle Abrego on Feb 11, 2013 at 17:44
Friends Life has confirmed that Barclays Capital has been appointed to ‘review strategic options’ for its IFA arm Sesame Bankhall Group.
Last week it was reported that Friends had put network Sesame up for sale, sending out a 'teaser document' providing a summary of Sesame to banks, insurers, investment houses and private equity firms.
Sesame, headed by chief executive George Higginson (pictured), said: 'Sesame has a strong long-term commitment to providing its members with valuable support to help them deliver the right outcomes for customers. Over the last two years, Sesame has unveiled a new broader range of propositions in areas including wealth management, restricted advice, adviser technology, mortgages and general insurance.'
'These developments have helped Sesame to strengthen its position as the UK’s largest financial services group for professional advisers, with continued growth in revenue, adviser productivity and new members.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08