View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a652957
FSA appoints two FSCS directors
by Alex Steger on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:54
The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has appointed two non-executive directors to the board of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Marian Glen, who was general counsel at Aegon from 2009 to 2011, and Charles McKenna, who spent 22 years as a corporate partner at law firm Allen and Overy, will take up their positions on 1 February.
During her time at Aegon Glen was closely involved in the firm’s Scottish Equitable £170 million consumer redress programme following administrative failures in its life and pensions business.
FSA chairman Adair Turner said: ‘We are very pleased to announce the appointment of Marian Glen and Charles McKenna, whose experience will prove invaluable for the FSCS during this period of regulatory change.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54