View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a635100
FSA panel warns over PI providers excluding FSCS claims
by Michelle Abrego on Nov 16, 2012 at 12:35
The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) Smaller Business Practitioner Panel has raised concerns over new professional indemnity (PI) insurance policies which exclude paying out on Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) claims.
Minutes from the FSA board meeting of 27 September show that the panel warned the regulator’s board that many PI insurers did not understand recent regulatory developments faced by small firms.
It highlighted ‘problems associated with new PI policies excluding FSCS claims’.
The minutes said: ‘The board noted the difficulties and lack of understanding of some insurers regarding regulatory developments and associated risks, and the problems associated with new PI policies excluding FSCS claims.’
News sponsored by:
Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.
Today's top headlines
- Monday Papers: Pfizer eyes AstraZeneca to create industry giant
- Asian shares subdued amid tensions in Ukraine
- Sunday Papers: RBS report on treatment of SMEs accused of being partial
- Saturday Papers: BlackRock challenges UK pension providers
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
More about this article:
by Alex Steger on Apr 16, 2014 at 07:43