View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a654998
FSA to investigate annuity pricing
by Alex Steger on Jan 31, 2013 at 07:23
The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is to investigate annuity pricing with a potentially precedent-setting probe into the £11 billion market, according to the Financial Times.
The FT reported that later today the regulator will reveal details of how it plans to examine annuity pricing data to determine how much pensioners are losing out by if they do not shop around.
The investigation could become a test case for the competition powers of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which takes over from the FSA in April, the paper said.
Providers who appear at the bottom of best buy tables, yet have high levels of business, will come under the regulator’s scrutiny, the FT reported.
News sponsored by:
Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.
Today's top headlines
- Monday Papers: Pfizer eyes AstraZeneca to create industry giant
- Asian shares subdued amid tensions in Ukraine
- Sunday Papers: RBS report on treatment of SMEs accused of being partial
- Saturday Papers: BlackRock challenges UK pension providers
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
More about this article:
More from us
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on Apr 21, 2014 at 08:21