Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a633171
FSA writes to fund groups over conflicts of interest
by Rachael Revesz on Nov 09, 2012 at 12:48
The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has written to group of fund chief executives to warn them about conflicts of interest with their customers.
The regulator has discovered that some firms have breached the rules surrounding disclosing commission to customers, and many firms do not have an adequate framework to manage their conflicts of interest.
The companies have been asked to review their conflict of interest policies by February 2013 with the view to taking further regulatory action.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Advisers and providers split over impact of consultancy charging ban
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
More about this article:
by Brian Cantwell on May 20, 2013 at 15:02