Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a653468
FundsNetwork recruits ex-Skandia manager and hits £40bn
by Jun Merrett on Jan 24, 2013 at 15:34
Fidelity FundsNetwork has appointed ex-Skandia sales manager Lee Keeper as its business development manager for London and South East.
Keeper left Skandia in October 2012 as part of the company's restructure which saw it cut 200 jobs following the merger of the Skandia business with Old Mutual to create Old Mutual Wealth.
FundsNetwork also announced it now had £40 billion in assets under administration on the platform, almost double that of its fund supermarket rival Skandia which announced in November 2012 that it had £21.7 billion of assets on its platform.
Paul Richards, head of sales at FundsNetwork, said: 'Reaching the £40 billion mark is a fantastic start to the year, demonstrating our scale and ongoing growth, as one of the leading platforms in the industry.
'Lee will be a great addition to the team. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this newly created role and joins FundsNetwork at an important stage in our development. Over the coming months, we will continue to expand the sales team and strengthen the support we offer advisers and their clients.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Autumn Statement: Gov’t cracks down on IHT avoidance through trusts
- Autumn Statement: Gov’t looks to open ISAs to wider range of bonds
- Autumn Statement: Gov't withdraws relief for VCT share buy-backs
- Autumn Statement: Hargreaves hits out at child trust fund silence
- Autumn Statement: Gov’t spares annuity loans from tax threat
Challenged by growing risk aversion?
Challenging financial markets over recent years have resulted in growing risk aversion among British savers and led many to seek safety in cash. Click here for more.
More about this article:
More from us
- Skandia to cut 200 jobs
- Skandia platform assets hit £21.8bn despite sales drop
- FundsNetwork spies adviser demand for platform charging change
by William Robins on Dec 05, 2013 at 12:46