View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a648937
Harris to run City Financial multi-asset funds
by Rachael Revesz on Jan 07, 2013 at 09:37
Mark Harris has been appointed head of City Financial Investment Company’s multi-asset funds.
Harris, formerly manager of the Eden Global Multi-Strategy Fund, will head up four City Financial funds: City Financial MultiManager Growth, City Financial MultiManager Income, City Financial Diversified and City Financial Dynamic. The funds have a current total of £108 million under management.
The move is part of City Financial’s strategy to build its in-house management capability and push further into retail and institutional markets.
Harris (pictured) also used to head up the multi-manager funds at New Star and Henderson Global Investors.
The London-based fund manager took over the Eden fund in October 2012, while its previous manager, North Investment Partners, continues to work with City Financial on other mandates.
City Financial head of UK asset management Ed Rosengarten said Harris had a strong track record in the multi-asset space.
‘Appointing Mark as the fund manager is a demonstration of our commitment to building our in-house asset management expertise,’ he said. ‘We start the new year excited by the prospect of attracting new clients to the funds under Mark’s stewardship.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
More from us
- City Financial acquires Eden Financial AM
- City Financial eyes growth with Eden Financial AM deal
- EFG Harris Allday's Mark Atherton: my best investment idea
- Mark Harris and Craig Heron leave Henderson
- Heron and Harris: Why we back Nimmo and Lyttleton in these markets
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54