Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a632997
HMRC investigates after HSBC Jersey accounts blown
by David Sandham on Nov 09, 2012 at 07:58
A whistleblower has given HM Revenue & Customs details of every British client of HSBC in Jersey, according to The Telegraph.
The details included names, addresses and account balances of more than 4,000 people based in Britain who had bank accounts at HSBC in Jersey, and was given secretly to HMRC earlier this week, the newspaper said.
A drug dealer, three bankers facing fraud allegations, and a man possessing more than 300 weapons at his house, are among the HSBC Jersey account holders, the newspaper claimed. The list also included several celebrities and other well-known figures.
The newspaper said that the list identified 4,388 people holding £699 million in offshore current accounts and they are also likely to have billions of pounds more in investment schemes.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08