View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a633521
IFA throws in towel on campaign to restore trust in financial services
by Alex Steger on Nov 12, 2012 at 07:48
Shane Mullins, chief executive of Nottingham-based Fiscal Engineers, has given up his campaign to restore trust in financial services a year after starting it, according to reports.
The Times reported that Mullins had dropped the campaign, The Question of Trust, and was said to be ‘hugely disenchanted’ by the industry’s ‘apathy and malaise.’
Mullins began the campaign last November but told The Times he was returning to his day job as leading members of the financial services industry ‘failed to face the question of trust’.
He told the paper: ‘While some in the industry have acknowledged the issue and been very supportive the general apathy and malaise has been hugely disappointing and frustrating.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54