Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a651274
Jupiter assets surge to £26bn after cautious fund boost
by Daniel Grote on Jan 16, 2013 at 08:05
Jupiter Fund Management has reported a £1.3 billion boost to assets, powered by strong inflows into cautious funds such as Merlin Income and Strategic Bond.
Assets at the fund group have risen from £25 billion to £26.2 billion in the three months to the end of December last year, driven by £688 million of net inflows and a £581 million boost from market movements.
Its retail fund division recorded a £917 million surge in assets, which rose from £19.7 billion to £20.6 billion, while investment trust assets rose from £587 million to £601 million.
It said in a statement: 'Although industry conditions remain challenging, investor sentiment appears to have improved towards the end of the year. Inflows continued into funds positioned towards the cautious end of the risk spectrum, such as Merlin Income and Strategic Bond , and we also experienced inflows into top-performing equity funds, such as UK Special Situations and the European Growth Sicav .'
Jupiter chief executive Edward Bonham Carter (pictured) added: 'Jupiter achieved another good quarter, driven by continued positive momentum from our mutual fund franchise.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
- Treasury: Scottish independence will disrupt pensions and advice
More about this article:
Look up the funds
- Jupiter Merlin Income Portfolio Inc
- Jupiter Strategic Bond Acc
- Jupiter UK Special Situations
- Jupiter JGF European Growth I EUR