View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a657957
Mortgage adviser to fight for Chris Huhne’s old seat
by Michelle Abrego on Feb 11, 2013 at 10:34
A mortgage adviser has been selected by the Liberal Democrats to fight for the parliamentary seat of disgraced former energy secretary Chris Huhne.
The Lib Dems have chosen local councillor Mike Thornton, a mortgage adviser at Southampton-based Simply Finance, as their candidate to stand in the upcoming Eastleigh by-election triggered by Hulne’s dramatic departure from the House of Commons.
Thornton was elected after a vote in the Hampshire constituency on Saturday.
Huhne (pictured) resigned as an MP as he admitted perverting the course of justice last week.
Thornton will stand on 28 February against Tory candidate Maria Hutchings.
Thornton's campaign will focus on bringing jobs and investment into the area.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54