Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a651098
Nest seeks managers for real estate funds
by Brian Cantwell on Jan 15, 2013 at 14:34
The National Employment Savings Trust (Nest) has launched a search for managers to run four real estate funds for the scheme.
Nest said it was looking to launch UK and global real estate funds, together with ethical versions of both. The funds would add to the 47 Retirement Date funds Nest currently offers, that serve as the building blocks for its eight underlying funds.
It said it hoped to appoint the four managers in the second quarter of the year, and that adding to its offering would help ensure the diversification needed for its investment approach.
‘Nest has an investment approach specifically designed for the needs of our members, based on detailed research of their characteristics,' said chief investment officer Mark Fawcett (pictured).
'This latest procurement allows Nest to provide even more sophistication in our approach to investing for a new generation of savers.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Advisers and providers split over impact of consultancy charging ban
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
More about this article:
by Brian Cantwell on May 20, 2013 at 15:02