The CEO Tapes are back. The bosses of 13 asset management groups recently came to Citywire London HQ for two separate – and frankly expressed - round table discussions.
In the first series of CEO Tapes 2018 you will see five of the chief executives talk about ‘immoral’ practices, ‘the nanny state’ approach of the regulator and the way that technology is going to disrupt not just fund managers but also the distribution side – wealth managers, financial advisers, fund selectors and so on.
This particular film can be summarised in a single sentence: ‘we want to do right by our clients, we got things wrong in the past but we are not the criminals that some make us out to be’.
The five participants were:
- Alexander S. Friedman, group chief executive, GAM Holding AG
- Hendrik du Toit, chief executive officer, Investec Asset Management
- Maarten Slendebroek, chief executive officer, Jupiter Asset Management
- Euan Munro, chief executive, Aviva Investors
- Sean Hagerty, European managing director, Vanguard Asset Management