- The Sunday Telegraph: The Bank of England will defy expectations and raise interest rates next year on the back of a solid recovery and rising inflation, senior economists have warned.
- Mail on Sunday: Britain's top earners are taking their smallest slice of the national cake in years, official figures are expected to confirm this week.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Thousands of creditors of failed broker MF Global UK could receive all of the money they lost in its collapse after a deal between the respective administrators of its British and American operations.
- The Sunday Telegraph: ITV has bought a majority stake in US reality TV producer Gurney for $40 million, as part of a strategy to increase the size of its studio business.
- The Independent on Sunday: Britain's insurance industry has expressed its "huge frustration" with the EU for continual delays to new regulations it says have already cost the sector more than £1 billion in red tape.
Business and economics
- The Sunday Telegraph: Hedge fund manager Crispin Odey has described Home Retail as "challenged", as new data showed the group was the most shorted company on the FTSE All-Share index.
- The Independent on Sunday: The beleaguered entertainment retailer HMV faces a critical two day of trading before Christmas Day that could play a pivotal role in shaping whether it survives on the high street.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Retailers are hoping for a late rush of Christmas spending after industry data revealed sluggish sales throughout December.
- Mail on Sunday: HP has alleged that Autonomy, the British software company run by Mike Lynch, wilfully misrepresented its value when it acquired the business for £6.2billion last year.
- The Independent on Sunday: Tesco will seek to get on the front foot early in 2013 with the expected hiring of a new chief executive for its UK business, amid signs its domestic operation has turned a corner after a year to forget.
- The Independent on Sunday: Britain's beleaguered consumers will regain their mojo in 2013 as they help push the struggling economy to its strongest growth for three years, experts have revealed.
Share tips, comment and bids
- The Sunday Telegraph: Groupon, the struggling US "daily deals" company, offered to buy Achica, the British luxury goods online retailer, in a deal that would have valued the company in the region of £80 million.
- The Sunday Telegraph: The bank-backed Business Growth Fund has taken a stake in juice and smoothie chain, Boost.
- The Observer (Comment): Republicans and Democrats are locked in fraught negotiations; but even an agreement there won't cure the malaise in Europe or the developing world.
- The Observer (Comment): UBS's £940 million fine disproves the theory that a few bad apples have caused the rot. It now seems the problem is cultural.
- The Observer (Comment): The BBC is facing a fresh attack for delaying the changes to how its highly remunerated on-air talent is paid following the row over tax avoidance.
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tip): Buy Ubisense
- Mail on Sunday ((Midas share tip): Investors who bought Park Group’s shares in 2009 should sell half their stock keep the rest as Christmas savings company is growing steadily and should continue to do so.
- Mail on Sunday ((Midas share tip): Investors should sell half of their stock of Queue-beating company Lo-Q to take advantage of the strong performance.