View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a652500
Nicholls sees graduates as key to firm’s strength
by Rachael Revesz on Jan 24, 2013 at 15:27
Carole Nicholls, principal of Bristol-based Nicholls Stevens Financial Services, is planning to hire a fifth graduate.
Nicholls previously took on four recruits straight from university and aims to train them up as advisers.
Graduates at the firm divide their time between different departments, such as pensions and investments, to widen their experience, and have weekly in-house exam training sessions.
‘All the graduates I’ve taken on are doing well and doing their exams,’ said Nicholls. ‘What I’m trying to do is to build up the strength of the business for the future, so that if I fast forward five years, it will be full of young and highly qualified staff.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
More from us
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54