Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a644782
Novia unveils RDR-ready proposition
by Jun Merrett on Dec 11, 2012 at 10:17
Wrap Novia has announced it is now ready for the retail distribution review (RDR) and has started trading with its RDR-compliant model from today.
The platform has changed its documentation replacing the word commission with adviser charging.
The platform will make further enhancements in January 2013 including the introduction of online ad-hoc adviser charging and also move to allow initial and ongoing charges to be stated as a percentage or fixed monetary amount.
Novia chief executive of Bill Vasilieff (pictured) said: 'We are delighted to be in a position to announce that as of today the Novia platform meets all the necessary requirements to be RDR compliant.
'The changes required by the RDR can only be a good thing for the industry, forcing a drive towards greater professionalism as well as a focus on client servicing. We are delighted to be a in a position to provide this ahead of schedule to our supporting advisers.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
- Treasury: Scottish independence will disrupt pensions and advice
More about this article:
More from us
- Fidelity follows Aegon and Novia with GBST deal
- Novia aims to double sales presence
- Novia reports £500,000 profit thanks to Aegon tie-up