Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a637530
ONS confirms 1% growth for third quarter of 2012
by Jun Merrett on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:41
The UK economy grew by 1% in the third quarter of 2012, the Office for National Statistics has confirmed.
Last month the ONS first estimated that the UK had crawled out of its nine month recession after a 1% increase in GDP.
The figure was helped by strong consumer spending which grew by 0.6%. The services sector grew by 1.3% which was unchanged from the ONS' previous estimate. However growth in industrial production was revised down to 0.9% from 1.1%.
In its first estimate, the ONS said output of the production industries was estimated to have increased by 1.1% from the second to third quarter following a decrease of 0.7% between the first and second.GDP in volume terms was estimated last month to have been flat in the third quarter of 2012, when compared with the third quarter of 2011.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
More from us
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08