View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a659630
Openwork expands Omnis with four fund launches
by Alex Steger on Feb 18, 2013 at 12:05
Restricted network Openwork has expanded its distributor-influenced fund proposition Omnis Investments, adding four new funds.
The network has launched a UK fixed interest fund managed by Threadneedle, an international equities fund managed by Thomas White International , a global fixed interest fund managed by Schroders and an alternative strategies fund managed by Octopus.
The funds will be blended to create three model portfolios – cautious, balanced and adventurous – which will launch in the second quarter of 2013.
Earlier this month Openwork unveiled an emerging markets equity fund run by Jupiter, a UK equities fund managed by Schroders, and a US equities fund managed run by The Boston Company, part of BNY Mellon. That was in addition to single strategy funds managed by Threadneedle and a number of multi-manager funds managed by Octopus. A range of fund of passive funds is also set to be launched in the second quarter of this year.
Openwork proposition and marketing director Philip Martin (pictured) said the new funds helped to cut investment costs. ‘We have been able to leverage our scale to secure these best-of-breed solutions at a lower cost than would be available elsewhere in the market,' he said.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the funds
Look up the shares
More from us
- Openwork reveals Omnis fund managers
- Fleming appointed Threadneedle chief executive
- Octopus launches low-cost discretionary service
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54