View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a632573
PFS chief exec Fay Goddard to step down
by Michelle Abrego on Nov 08, 2012 at 10:00
Personal Finance Society (PFS) chief executive Fay Goddard will step down next year after five years with the body.
Goddard was appointed chief executive in July 2008 and PFS membership has increased from 24,000 to over 33,000 under her leadership.
She also oversaw the launch of the Chartered Institute of Insurance's (CII) chartered financial planner initiative, which has now has 3,200 title holders.
Goddard (pictured) said: 'It has been a privilege to head the PFS through a time of great change and I am immensely proud of the way members have risen above and beyond the challenges.
'I have enjoyed the support of my CII colleagues, the PFS board and the members during my time as chief executive and pleased to have had the opportunity to work with such a dedicated and enthusiastic team.
'The financial planning profession is entering a new era and it seems timely to step down now and let someone new take the PFS forward through its next phase of development. I have no doubt that the society will continue to go from strength to strength.'
Sandy Scott, chief executive of the CII, said: 'I am sorry that Fay will be leaving us, but she has successfully led the PFS through the retail distribution review and will be leaving the organisation in excellent shape, both in terms of reputation and membership size.
'All of us at the CII wish her the very best for her well-deserved retirement, although knowing Fay I suspect she will still be active in the profession.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
More from us
- PFS and IFP boost aid for RDR and beyond
- Planners seek self-regulation as their global spread continues
- Garry Hale elected PFS president
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54