View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a659493
Phoenix raises £250m to repay debt
by Daniel Grote on Feb 18, 2013 at 07:57
Closed life company consolidator Phoenix has raised £250 million through a share issue launched to repay around £450 million of debt.
Phoenix announced details of the capital raising in January, pledging to use the funds alongside existing cash holdings to repay £450 million of debt.
The capital raising was structured in two parts, with existing shareholders offered £170 million of new shares, and hedge fund Och-Ziff injecting £80 million.
Phoenix said it had received a 92.6% take-up of the issuance to existing shareholders, raising around £157 million. Och-Ziff will take up economic exposure to the remaining 7.4% of shares not taken up, alongside a 9.2% stake in the business from its £80 million injection.
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
Alastair Mundy met Citywire's Daniel Grote at the London Stock Exchange Studios for a detailed interview about the Investec Cautious Managed fund.
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Phoenix wins court wrangle over with-profits payments
- Phoenix rejects takeover bids for Ignis
- Ex-FSA boss Davies appointed Phoenix chairman